Sunday, August 28, 2011

Toby


Toby is getting so big. This picture is of him at granite flats, when we went camping with Zach's family. The water was so cold, but Toby just had to play in it. I love his big gut! Also on this trip Toby was standing by a hole in the ground. A potgut stuck it's head out of the hole and Toby was amazed. He simultaneously said wow, dropped his binky, scared the potgut, and watched his binky fall down into the potgut's hole. Zach was disappointed in me after that for not being willing to stick my hand down into the hole to get the binky. Just a note - Zach tried, but his hand didn't fit. But You couldn't see the binky and there was no way I was sticking my hand into a dark hole where I knew there was an animal in hopes that I would find a binky (especially since I had brought four back-ups).

Toby's vocabulary has exploded. He talks all the time, only half of which we understand. His new thing is to say "Oh gosh" whenever something doesn't go as planned. He knows all of his letters and the sounds they make. He can also count to ten. It is so fun when we are in a store and he'll tell me the number for the row we're in. I can't believe how fast this kid learns. He is so fun to be around. He has started to get possessive of his toys. The other day I was babysitting a little girl. When she tried to take some of his toys Toby grabbed them and hid with them under his bed. Also the other night he was crying so I went in his room. I laid down on the floor and told him to lay down in his bed. He started making fake sleeping noises and then would check to see if I was paying attention. He's done this before and every time he does it I have to try so hard not to laugh. Toby hasn't learned how to disobey. I think that since he doesn't have an older sibling he just doesn't know its possible. When we tell him to do something you can tell he isn't happy because he starts to cry, but he goes ahead and does it anyway. For instance I'll set him on the rocking chair for time out and then walk away. He just sits there, like he doesn't know he can get off. He cries the whole time, but doesn't move until I go and get him. He does a similar thing when its time for bed. He will grab his blankets and cry the whole way up the stairs, but he goes without any prodding. It makes me laugh to watch him. We certainly got lucky with such a good, fun kid. We sure love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment