Saturday, November 21, 2009

Five Months Old

Toby is now five months old. I can't believe that he is that old, but it also seems like it has been so much longer than five months. In celebration of this we started him on solids. He actually did pretty well the first day and now on the sixth day he is doing excellent. I am surprised at how quickly he has caught on. Toby still doesn't sleep through the night. He had been doing really well for a little while waking up only once at about 5 in the morning, but he is currently waking up two times a night wanting to eat plus a bunch of times where he wants his binky or to be rocked back to sleep. It is driving me crazy, but I am not ready to just let him cry himself to sleep yet.Toby is getting really close to rolling from his back to his stomach (he can already do the other way around). He loves to grab things that you put in front of him, but can't hold onto them for really long. He hates his carseat and when in it is constantly trying to sit up and then falls back in frustration. I think that we might move his to a bigger one soon for this reason. Toby is always so happy when he wakes up in the morning and sometimes after naps. His naps have gotten a lot better. He used to take 4 or 5 45 minute naps and nothing I did made them any longer. But lately he has been taking 3 1.5 hour naps, so we are getting better. Most of the time Toby is great and I love being home with him.

1 comment: