Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Valentine's Crafts

With less than one month to go until Valentine's Day I decided to get out the decorations. Since all I had was three heart shaped plates and a couple of dish towels this took no time at all. It also gave me a mission to get more. So I bought a few heart shaped candles from TJ Maxx and I made a few things. Here is what I've made so far.


I made this out of paper scraps. I also used the same frame from my spooky Halloween sign.


I made this with some cardboard, paper, ribbon and doodads that I had lying around. I think both of these turned out pretty cute. I am still looking for something to put on the front door though. I would like to put a heart shaped wreath there, but can't seem to find one in my price range. If anyone has any good ideas for other Valentine's crafts let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Can you come decorate my house? I love the stuff you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2010/01/fabric-rose-valentines-wreath-tutorial.html

    Check this out! It would be really easy to make with just a cardboard cutout for the back (Spraypainted white, or even red.)

    I hope you and Zach are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My visiting teaching companion has a cute heart shaped wreath on her door. She made the shape out of cardboard (a cheerios box, I think) and attached fake flowers of different sizes and colors to it. It was really cute.

    ReplyDelete