Toby has been seven months for a couple of weeks now. I kept putting off writing about it hoping that he would learn or do something amazing for me to write about. But I finally gave up and decided to write without much exciting to say. Toby has been teething for four months and still doesn't have any teeth (but I think we are getting really close). Toby almost can sleep through the night. When he wakes up I only give him water, not formula, and I let him cry himself back to sleep. This weekend we are actually going to stop feeding him at all and let him cry. Hopefully this will result in an all night sleeper. Toby doesn't crawl yet. He can roll over both ways but he tends to roll one way and then back to the same spot he was, so he isn't really moving around much yet. I know that the time will come that I wish he would stay in one spot, but I am so excited to see him move around. Toby does sit up very well and does a lot. He does tip over on occasion and then cries because he can't get back up by himself. Toby is also a champion eater. He eats a ton and loves baby food. I do give him other stuff, but he doesn't have the hang of mashing stuff up yet. He loves most foods, the only one he seems to not like so far is mashed potatoes. I gave him some at my parents house a few weeks ago and he made a face like I was poisoning him and spit them out. I guess he gets that from his dad. Although Toby hasn't done some things he is so much fun to have around. All I have to do is smile at him and he will smile and laugh. I am so happy that we got such a great baby to have in our family.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Seven and a Half Months
Toby has been seven months for a couple of weeks now. I kept putting off writing about it hoping that he would learn or do something amazing for me to write about. But I finally gave up and decided to write without much exciting to say. Toby has been teething for four months and still doesn't have any teeth (but I think we are getting really close). Toby almost can sleep through the night. When he wakes up I only give him water, not formula, and I let him cry himself back to sleep. This weekend we are actually going to stop feeding him at all and let him cry. Hopefully this will result in an all night sleeper. Toby doesn't crawl yet. He can roll over both ways but he tends to roll one way and then back to the same spot he was, so he isn't really moving around much yet. I know that the time will come that I wish he would stay in one spot, but I am so excited to see him move around. Toby does sit up very well and does a lot. He does tip over on occasion and then cries because he can't get back up by himself. Toby is also a champion eater. He eats a ton and loves baby food. I do give him other stuff, but he doesn't have the hang of mashing stuff up yet. He loves most foods, the only one he seems to not like so far is mashed potatoes. I gave him some at my parents house a few weeks ago and he made a face like I was poisoning him and spit them out. I guess he gets that from his dad. Although Toby hasn't done some things he is so much fun to have around. All I have to do is smile at him and he will smile and laugh. I am so happy that we got such a great baby to have in our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look at that cute kid! Way to go Toby! And way to go you guys for helping him sleep through the night - it's not an easy task.
ReplyDeleteI love that he doesn't like mashed potatoes. Out of all the baby foods a kid could eat, potatoes seem the least violating (I've had to try a few in my day). Jake was the same way - he wouldn't touch potatoes for the first two years of his life. Weird kids.
P.S. Cute new do on the blog. How would it be to be so creative?
Here here! I don't care if he never teeths or crawls! Toby is a fine little gentleman and I can't wait to spend President's Day weekend with him! (And his parents, of course!)
ReplyDelete