Saturday, February 13, 2010
Hooray for Toby!!!!
We are currently in Sun Valley, Id for our annual President's Day weekend trip. And it finally happened. Toby has slept all night long!! Woohoo!!! Both Thursday and Friday night Toby went to bed and didn't wake up until morning. It was amazing. We have been working up to this for quite a while now. At the beginning of January I decided that I would only feed Toby if it had been four hours since his last feeding, if it hadn't been that long he would just have to cry it out. That first night Toby woke up and cried for an hour and a half, but after that if he woke up other than feeding times he went to sleep relatively quickly. At the same time I also started giving Toby half the amount of formula at each night feeding. It was kind of funny how this worked because he seemed to go back to sleep better and wake up later in the morning. After about a week and a half I stopped giving Toby formula and gave him water instead. He was not a big fan of this. He would hit the bottle away or give me really mean looks, but he still drank it. This worked pretty well, but he was still waking up twice a night so at the end of January we stopped getting up with him at all. For about a week Toby woke up once or twice a night. Sometimes he would fall asleep quickly, others he cried for quite a while. Then Thursday night we left for Sun Valley. I was really worried that going on vacation would mess things up, but it didn't and I finally got a full night of sleep with no craying. Hallelujah!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's the best thing in the whole world! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteyay yay yay! about stinkin time toby! wahoo now you can come to late night movies and stuff.
ReplyDelete