Friday, September 3, 2010

Fourth of July

I know that this was two months ago, but somehow these pictures just barely got onto our computer, so here we go.

For the fourth of July Kaysville City has a big parade. It just so happens that this parade goes right past our house. In fact I don't know if there could have been a closer spot than our place. So the day before the parade I set out a bunch of blankets on the grass so we could have an awesome spot to watch. I have never done this before and it made me kind of nervous. So I kept checking on them to make sure that no one had moved them or stolen them. At one point during the day I saw a car pull up and went outside to have a look. Just as I opened the door I saw a lady put a blanket on the sidewalk in front of one of my blankets. Her husband asked if that space was reserved because of the blankets on the grass and she said "If they want to be able to see the parade, they should have put there stuff here." I was super annoyed, but really didn't want to confront the lady about. So as soon as they left I put more blankets out on the sidewalk.

On parade day we had a lot of people over. Almost all of Zach's family came, Jackie's sister Jessica and her family, and my sister Carolyn and her family. The parade was a lot of fun. There was a lot of candy and at the end the floats and stuff spray a ton of water. A bunch of us went inside for this part, and those that didn't got soaked. It was a lot of fun and the best part was that we didn't even have to drive anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you added more blankets to save your spots! Duh Lady!! Some people. Toby is so big! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete