Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Pumpkins

In preparation for Halloween we went to Brent and Karma's house to carve some more pumpkins. Since Zach hadn't carved his yet we took it down with us. He carved Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Then he used one of his parent's pumpkins and carved Bowser. After spending a night with the family we went Trunk or Treating at their ward building. Toby really wasn't sure what was going on. He kept looking in the bucket I was holding, not realizing it was candy. If someone handed him the candy he just dropped it in the bucket without thinking twice. Then everything in the world disappeared when someone gave him a glow stick. He couldn't take his eyes off it and barely noticed when other people gave us candy. I guess it doesn't really matter since Zach and I are planning on eating his candy anyway. His not paying attention though did make it a little more obvious and embarrassing. There was even one car where the people asked what kind of candy bar Toby wanted, of course I told them my favorite (Toby doesn't have a favorite anyway) and then they commented on the fact that I was going to eat it as we walked away. Oh well. We had a good time.

Then on Saturday, Zach carved our last pumpkin. He carved Zero, the dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas (if you haven't realized yet, Zach really likes that movie). We decided not to take Toby Trick or Treating. We didn't need anymore candy, it was raining, and he had no idea what was going on and that he was missing out. Instead we had Erik and Shanna over for dinner. We had a great visit with them and Toby loves them. It was a great Halloween. Now time for Christmas, and I guess we shouldn't skip Thanksgiving and my birthday.

2 comments: