Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween Decorations

A few weeks ago I unpacked all of our Halloween decorations and realized that I didn't have that many. As Zach so eloquently put it, "I guess it seemed like we had more decorations because our apartment was so small." So over the past few weeks I have been making some more. By using a lot of things that I already had - like picture frames, stickers, and paper - I was able to make them for pretty cheap. Here are the finished products.

I made this using a picture frame that I already had, buttons and ribbon that were just waiting to be used, and fun fonts that I downloaded off the internet. All I had to do was buy the paper.

This is a bat chandelier that I made at a craft night organized by my sister in law Jackie. It was a lot of fun and I love the decoration.

I got the pictures for this decoration free off the internet from papercrave.com.

I got the idea for this project while shopping with my little sister Marie. I used crackle paint on the frame and the inside is just a couple of pieces of scrapbook paper.

I made this using a frame that somebody gave us for our wedding. It has three panes of glass inside and I was never quite sure what to do with it. I used paper and stickers that I already had so it was super cheap. You can't tell from the picture, but the 3D effect is really cool. I also love all of the fun little pumpkins. They sure make everything look better. That is all I have done so far, but there is more on the way. I am currently working on a wreath and am always up for some more ideas.

4 comments:

  1. So, you make it sound so easy. Oh, I wish . . .

    They look great! How would it be if we had some decorations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These are the cutest Halloween decorations I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily these are so super cute!! I can't believe what you've come up with on your own. I'm such a great copy cat not nearly so good in the originals dept. :) I love these, so of course I'll be copying some of them for myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha oh my goodness Emily! You're so creative! I love your Halloween decorations and I've got to say the SPOOKY decoration is probably my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete