
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Keep Your Fingers Crossed
Toby does not sleep through the night yet, but he is only eight weeks old on Friday so I'm not worried about it, I would just like a full night of sleep. I know that "they" (the so-called baby experts) say you should have a bedtime routine, keep the baby awake more during the day, have a schedule, etc. but right now I am in survival mode where I will do whatever works at the time so that I can stay sane. Well this is starting to sound depressing so on to the point of this whole post. In the past I have tried several things to get Toby to bed - we have rocked him, put him in the swing, walked around with him, played music, and a few others. They all worked okay, but nothing was consistent. Well for the past four days in a row Toby has contentedly laid in his crib listening and watching a fisher price toy that is a hand-me-down from a friend of my mom. This toy plays classicalish music while the inside lights up. There is a fish that moves around and the water bubbles. I just have to turn it on and turn the lights off. The toy even goes off by itself after 20 minutes. I hope that this keeps working because it has been so wonderful - keep your fingers crossed.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My fingers are definitely crossed for you! Good luck! And . . . I know all about the survival mode - sometimes it's too stressful to do all 'they' say we should be doing!
ReplyDeleteyep we have that too and it worked like a charm. so did the glow worm guy that plays music. good luck with toby! it will all be better soon enough!
ReplyDelete