Last Friday Zach, Toby, and I headed up to Logan. Zach had the day off so we were going to go up to Bear Lake that night. We went up a little earlier than we needed to so that we could visit friends and family as well as pick up Toby's birth certificate. Even though Toby was born more than two months ago we had yet to get his birth certificate because of our move to Kaysville right after he was born. When we got to Logan we drove to the Bear River Health Department's parking lot. Zach dropped me off and I went to go inside only to find out that the door was locked and they aren't open on Fridays. Sadly we don't know when we will be able to pick up Toby's birth certificate because Zach drives our only car to work and he only has Fridays off. Maybe someday we will have proof of our son's birth.
After that incident we had lunch with our friends Jason and Kiley and their two sons. We had a picnic in the park and were able to visit with each other. It was a lot of fun. We sure miss having them close by.
That afternoon we spent some time with Zach's sister Emily who just started school at USU. We went and saw her dorm room. It is so close to everything on campus, both Zach and I were very jealous. After a short visit, Zach ran to the grocery store to pick up some food while I stayed behind to feed Toby. While he was eating he pooped, which is not that uncommon for him. A few minutes later I looked down at my pants only to realize that Toby had had a blowout and there was poop on both of my legs. Emily was kind enough to get some paper towels and wipe it off while I tried to take care of Toby. I pulled the changing mat out of the diaper bag and out it on the floor. Then as I was laying Toby down his head slipped off my arm at the last second, bonked his head on the cement floor, and started screaming. So I changed his diaper and his clothes while trying to calm him down. He finally stopped crying and fell asleep as I was leaving Emily's apartment.
Oh the joy of being a mother.
so i'm pretty sure we don't even have abe's birth certificate yet... oh yes the blow out poop how lovely right?! you will be dealing with poop for the rest of your life.
ReplyDeleteSorry . . . sorry our son taught your son how to do a proper blowout. But we loved seeing you anyway! And good luck with the birth certificate - I wish I could help!
ReplyDelete