Friday, September 11, 2009

Toby's Baby Blessing

On Sunday, Toby had his baby blessing. Most of our friends and family drove to our ward for the occasion. It was a lot of fun to see everybody. During Sacrament meeting Toby was behaving very well. He was sitting with Karma and Emily. However it was getting close to nap time and he was starting to doze off. When the bishop went to announce the blessings (first another baby in the ward and then Toby), Karma handed me Toby. As soon as Toby was moved he started screaming. I tried to calm him down and stood up, then realized that I couldn't take him out because he was going to be blessed in a few minutes. I sat back down and Toby screamed through the blessing of the other baby in our ward. I still feel bad about it. Toby screamed as Zach took him up to the front of the church, but managed to quiet down for the blessing. The blessing was very sweet. When Zach brought Toby back to our bench I took him and he was asleep within thirty seconds. After church was over everyone went over to James and Jackie's house for lunch. We had a great time eating and visiting with everyone.


3 comments:

  1. I'm quite sure it was a beautiful blessing - too bad we couldn't hear it because of our own baby screaming . . .

    Thanks for letting us come and visit afterwards, too. We like seeing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a great blessing! hey i saw this and thought you might be interested.

    http://coyotecraft.blogspot.com/search/label/gluten-free


    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/09/cookbook-reviews-with-kristina-gluten-free-vegan-and-more.html#comments

    ReplyDelete